I Can See Your Voice catches students’ attentions

Brooklyn Elsea, Staff Writer

Ever wonder if it’s easy to tell when someone is lip-synching? I Can See Your Voice premiered Sep. 23, 2020, hosted by the one and only Ken Jeong. The game show, holding special judges Cheryl Hines and Adrianna Bailon-Houghton, goes on about semi-famous people and fake good singers letting a contestant figure out if the person on stage is a good or bad singer.

With $100,000 on the line, the contestant attempts to weed out the bad “secret voices” from the good, based on a series of clues, interrogations, and lip-synch challenges. It starts with group A holding three singers as they sing a famous song or lip-synch to a different voice and lets the people decipher if it’s real or fake.

After both groups go, the one contestant kicks one person they believe is a bad singer off the show. If they were correct, they get $10,000. The next round, the contestant chooses one person on stage to look at their daily life. After a short clip (with their voice slightly altered), the contestant once again picks a bad singer; if they were incorrect, they don’t get their next $10,000.

With four people left, the contestant chooses someone to listen to a pre-recorded clip of them humming a well-known tune, then they again vote. The last ‘hint’ round they choose someone to ask questions to, but the trick is the answers could be completely fake.

In the end, the singer whom the contestant picks reveals good or bad singing in a duet performance with the musical superstar, resulting in an amazing musical collaboration or a totally hilarious train wreck.