SLHS is pumped for Grey’s Anatomy season 17

Leah Chvojka, Editor

Grey’s Anatomy, commonly known as “Grey’s,” Is the longest-running scripted prime-time show on ABC, and it’s been on the air since 2005. The newest episode of Grey’s is season 17 and was streamed Nov. 12, 2020 with a 2-hour crossover episode with spin-off Station 19. Many SLHS students watch Grey’s Anatomy to this day, sometimes more than once. Seasons 1-16 of Grey’s Anatomy can be found on Netflix and Disney plus Hotstar. The newest season can be found on Hulu

Martha Sorren, writer for Insider, states, “Grey’s Anatomy has had more than 15 seasons, over 300 episodes, and multiple major doctor’s death. It’s been a wild, sometimes devastating ride for fans — but they’re still tuning in over a decade later.”

Ellen Pompeo, Grey’s Anatomy star, plays Meredith Grey. Meredith Grey is the head of general surgery at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. She is the daughter of the now-deceased Ellis Grey, a famed general surgeon, and the now-deceased Thatcher Grey. Ally Mauch of People Magazine interviewed Pompeo. Mauch writes, “‘We don’t know when the show is really ending yet,’ Pompeo said. ‘But the truth is, this year could be it.’

‘I’m constantly fighting for the show as a whole to be as good as it can be. As a producer, I feel like I have permission to be able to do that,’ she later added. ‘I mean, this is the last year of my contract right now. I don’t know that this is the last year? But it could very well could be.’”

Alexandra Pawlitz, a senior at SLHS, states, “ I’ve only watched Grey’s once because I just finished watching it in late August of this year. I’m so excited to see how they incorporate COVID-19 into the tv show.” Pawlitz added, “I’m extremely sad that this may be the last season because even though Grey’s is super long, I love how they include so much detail through their 16 seasons and I can’t wait to see what surprises season 17 will bring.”