Who will be the next Super Bowl champions?

Alexandra Pawlitz

Freshman Wisdom Zanquo is rooting for the 49ers in the Super Bowl this year.

Avante Taylor, Staff Writer

This year’s NFL football season is coming to an end. As teams continue to race for the playoffs, only two teams made it to the championship game. Sunday, Jan. 26, the Kansas City Chiefs will compete against the San Fransico 49ers in the 54th Super Bowl as the NFL celebrates 100 years of competition.  

Some teachers and students were asked who they favored for this year’s Super Bowl. This year, both teams seem to be very evenly matched. Recently, thirty SLHS students were polled on who was going to win. When the results came in, there was a fine line between who the favorite was, as fifteen people voted for the 49ers and fifteen people voted for the Chiefs.

Junior Blake Siefka stated, “I think the 49ers will win, but the Chiefs have a quarterback who is known for coming back from deficits of twenty-one points at a time. Therefore, it is a fair game.”

Freshman Wisdom Zanquo stated, “The 49ers all the way. They have been consistent throughout the season, and they have everything they need to beat the Chiefs.”

Substitute teacher Ms. Hanline stated, “It’s going to be a great game this year. Both teams are excellent and are great competitors, but I believe it’s going to be the Chiefs that are going to win the Super Bowl. I can’t wait; it’s going to be a nail biter.”

Senior Patrick Hanley said, “ I can’t say really, [but] probably the 49ers; I don’t know.