SLHS Holds Winter Luau Friday, January 27

Jaiden Dickman

SLHS Sophomore Bethany Bowerman prepares for the Winter Luau.

Jaiden Dickman, Writer

Saint Louis High School will be hosting its first-ever winter luau Friday, Jan. 27 . This will take place after the varsity basketball games against Michigan Lutheran Seminary. It will start at 9 p.m.or the conclusion of the games and go until 11 p.m. Admission to this event is free and Hawaiian leis will be for sale for purchase. All leis purchased will help fund the Community Cabinet. Money and food can also be donated directly to the cabinet. Only SLHS students will be allowed in, and it will be hosted in the high school cafeteria.

This is an opportunity for students to come and hang out with friends after the home basketball game as well as give students a chance to help out their community.

Senior Jenna Abell said, “The luau will be a lot of fun, and I’m excited to see how the decorations turn out. The fundraiser for the Community Cabinet will be very helpful too!”

Junior Curtis Brashaw said, “The winter luau is a creative idea that came from the student council. The idea was to create a more chill snow-coming idea. It should be fun for everyone and help support the community.”

Junior Ben March said, “I think it is great that our student council was able to put together a project of this magnitude. I think this will bring a lot of school spirit to students who are currently in a third marking period drought.”

The Winter Luau will have a DJ and snacks for the students to enjoy. This will be a fun event for all the Saint Louis High School Students to come together and help out their community. Come to the high school cafeteria after the game Jan. 27, for the cake, games, and a chance to support the community.