Girls’ JV and Varsity Week two wrap up!

Kerregan+Wilson+takes+the+ball+down+the+court.+

Autumn Mann

Kerregan Wilson takes the ball down the court.

Olivia Good, Writer

For the second week of the girls’ basketball season, the Shark Tank was all the buzz. The opponents for both teams on the week were Saginaw Arts and Science Academy and Michigan Lutheran Seminary. 

To start the week off, the varsity girls traveled to SASA Tuesday, Dec 6, and won 43-28. The top three scorers on the night were Josie Schrot with 21 points, including six three-pointers, Kerregan Wilson with 11 points, and Laney Pesture with five points, and one three-pointer. 

The JV girls were back in action at the Shark Tank Thursday, Dec. 8, playing against MLS. The JV girls lost 25-44. 

Sophomore Briana Griffin commented, “I think it was a very tough loss for the whole team. Besides that, I think we played very well together. We did very well at working as a team and did very well at talking to each other throughout the game. I really have high hopes for the rest of this season. I hope that we do not let this get to us and make our season go downhill. I think we can keep our heads up and push through and have a great season.”

Finally, to end the week, the varsity girls traveled to MLS Friday, Dec. 9. The varsity girls lost 35-60. The top three scorers on the night were Josie Schrot with nine points, including two three-pointers, Zoey Clarke with eight points, and Natalee Hoyt with five points. 

Junior Josie Schrot commented, “With this game being our first loss of the season, it does make me upset. I do not feel as though we played to the best of our ability as a team. We can definitely do better, and I have very high hopes for the rest of the season. I also really hope that we can keep our heads up and not have this game bring us down.”

The girls’ teams will be back in action next week playing against Standish Sterling at the Shark Tank Tuesday, Dec. 13. The JV team will travel to Ithaca Thursday, Dec. 15. The varsity team will play Ithaca at the Shark Tank Friday, Dec. 16.