Shark Scene

• February 20Taipalus, Greenup, Koutz awarded ACE scholarship

• January 2Wrestlers win 4th consecutive district title!

Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

Modestie+Hitchcock+leads+the+student+section+in+a+cheer.
Back to Article
Back to Article

Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

Modestie Hitchcock leads the student section in a cheer.

Modestie Hitchcock leads the student section in a cheer.

Bobbie Marr

Modestie Hitchcock leads the student section in a cheer.

Bobbie Marr

Bobbie Marr

Modestie Hitchcock leads the student section in a cheer.

Holli Rivard, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

The St. Louis High School September student of the month was awarded to the loudest at all the football games, the MC of the homecoming assembly, and the best female wrestler here at St. Louis High School; Modestie Hitchcock.

Hitchcock has done many things for the community and school helping her earn this title. She won first team all conference for golf, she’s always hyping up the student section, has the most school spirit, and even excels in the classroom.

According to Mrs. Biehl, “Modestie is an amazing young lady. She has a great attitude, is a hard worker, a leader, and has tons of school spirit. Her energy is contagious around this building, and I am thankful she is an SLHS Shark! Student of the month, well deserved!

Modestie Hitchcock proudly says, “Being awarded student of the month makes me feel really appreciated by the staff members. It’s nice to know that they see how much effort I put into everything I do, and they see that I take pride in my school. This has motivated me to be even more involved and help out more in this community. I love St. Louis High School and it will forever hold a very special place in my heart.”

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month”

1. Haylee on October 8th, 2018 10:21 am

This is a very good piece of writing telling about the amazing things Modestie has done for the school and even out of school. I like how you talked about the amazing school spirit she has, yelling and cheering for any school event she possibly can attend.

2. Angelica Garcia on October 8th, 2018 10:21 am

I would just like to say You did a wonderful job on giving a paragraph on how Modestie Hitchcock was picked for student of the month. If I was a teacher I would vote for Modestie Hitchcock because she never lets her team down she is a hard working student and she has crazy school spirit.

3. Jorden Cedotal on October 8th, 2018 10:25 am

I fell like the article is just super happy.

4. Ben on October 8th, 2018 10:31 am

It was a good article. I like it.

5. Willow Fuentes on October 8th, 2018 11:14 am

This is a great article. I loved reading it.

6. Mikenna Borie on October 8th, 2018 2:40 pm

I really like how you got a quote from a teacher in the school. I also liked how you started out the article by describing Modestie. However, I wish you would have gotten a quote from a student in the school. Overall a really good job!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Sharks land in Panama!

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Sherwood leads Sharks at BPA state!

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Senior class takes a skip day!?

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

St. Louis athletes sign to continue athletic careers

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Alex Newton enlists in the National Guard

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Drama Club announces cast for Check Please!

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Three St. Louis students earn ACE scholarships

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month

News

Model U.N. year retrospective!

• Modestie Hitchcock for student of the month