Shark Scene

• November 5Girls' XC 10th at state; Libby Munderloh and Mikenna Borie earn all-state honors!

Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Fortnite season 6 promotional image.

Fortnite season 6 promotional image.

Courtesy photo

Courtesy photo

Fortnite season 6 promotional image.

WilFred Howey, Staff Writer

Fortnite season six is finally here! Since the new update, there has been a lot of changes. The changes include: New skins, new gliders, new emotes, changes to the map, new companion backpacks, and some nerfs and buffs to guns.

This season came with a lot of hype and it surely proves that it is better than season five. “I think that season six is great! Epic Games out did themselves and this season should bring back some of the gamers that lost interest back in season five, especially since it is Halloween based,” said Alex Davis, a Fortnite fan.
Some of the new new skins are: Calamity (Wild West six staged skin), Dusk (vampire type staged skin), Nightshade (Tomatohead skin but a pumpkin head instead of a tomato and a black outfit), Dire (Werewolf six stage skin),  Dj Yonder (llama skin), and more.

New emotes include: “Bang emoticon,” “Regal wave,” “Battle bus emoticon,” “GG emoticon,” “Plunger emoticon,” “Tomato,” “Running man,” “Fancy tomato,” “Slitherin’,” “Flamenco,” “Clown emoticon,” and more.

Map changes are as follows: Loot lake is no more. The center house is lifted from the ground and is now hovering with the cube on the bottom of the building creating a vortex going upward. The floating house is traveling to each anti-gravity zone and picking the ruins back up. Where the anti-gravity zones were are now dark decaying ground with Shadow Stones Stones that you pick up that turns you invisible and makes you faster than normal. Yet players cannot pick up any items and cannot shoot until they are out of this form). There is a an underground bunker under the middle of Wailing Woods. There is also a new castle at Haunted Hills.

Epic Games has added companion backpacks to their collection of backpacks. These backpacks have little animals that will react to each situation you are in. The companions are a lizard, a dog, and a dragon.

In terms of shotguns, all shotguns have been nerfed. “Bounce pads,” “Impulse grenades,” “Suppressed smg,” and the lmg have all been taken out of the game but gamers can still get them in Playground.

Additionally,  Epic Games have fixed most of the bugs in the game, which made the game less laggy and glitchy. They also buffed smg’s to do more damage and shoot faster.

Surely Epic Games has proven they can still come up with ideas that will keep Fortnite in the running against other games. With this season being Halloween based and Epic Games coming up with bigger and better ideas each season, people have to wonder, how long can Epic Games keep this up?

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Fortnite season 6 is finally here!”

1. Michael Baysah on October 8th, 2018 10:16 am

I feel like fortnite will last for like 4 more seasons but then start to decline due to games like call of duty black ops 4

2. Nate March on October 8th, 2018 10:23 am

personally I think that fortnight is stupid and no one should ever play it again.

3. Aidan Fisher on October 8th, 2018 11:14 am

Fortnite is a dying game and people want to see the upcoming or interesting things happening in the gaming community, not what Fortnite has to offer in the shop. Write on the new games coming out or quit doing gaming articles and do something the whole school can enjoy.

4. Fortnite will live forever on October 19th, 2018 10:19 am

i think fortnite will last forever and it is an awesome game continue to right articles on it.

5. Reece Giles on November 8th, 2018 12:14 pm

I think that Fortnite will be one of the longest game that people stay interested into and i think that it is amazing

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

Camila Cabello’s new song “Consequences”

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

The Hate U Give Review: One of 2018’s Best Films

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

Venom: the latest Marvel movie

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

Boston strong: the story of Jeff Bauman

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

Rupi Kaur poetry books become more common

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

WWE and its popularity among our students

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is a captivating read

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

What to expect from the much-awaited Black Ops 4

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

Crazy Rich Asians is a box office ground-breaker

• Fortnite season 6 is finally here!

Entertainment

Fortnite season 6 and what it has to offer

The Student News Site of St. Louis High School
Fortnite season 6 is finally here!