SLHS Language Arts Club results come in

Natalie Lemert

Language Arts Club member Carson Butcher goes over his work.

Natalie Lemert, Writer

The Saint Louis High School Language Arts Team got its results back recently, and  were awarded first place in the league. Members of the team this season are Bee Elsea, Rowan Harris, Lexie Thayer, Carson Butcher, Sarah Corson, Abigail Conn and Samantha Simmons. Ms. Busch-Grabmeyer  is the teacher who coaches the team. 

Other schools involved in the competition are Swan Valley and Ovid Elsie. The team competed in the competition a few weeks ago but just got the results back this week. The coaches Monday, Dec. 5, to do the scoring as they are also the judges. To start off the scoring, the coaches read all the pieces submitted and are only allowed to give one 100 percent. All the other pieces are scored between 0-99. 

They still have two competitions left this season and for each competition, a different form of writing is assigned. This past competition featured a journal prompt. Members had to have three entries and adopt the persona of a character. The question asked was “Is the monarchy still a good thing?” They still have to write an editorial and a poetry piece. 

Language Arts Coach Ms. BG said, “I’m super happy with the team; they did very well. I’m super proud.” 

Junior and Language Arts Team member Carson Butcher commented, “I’m super proud of my fellow members. We all put in hard work and I can’t wait to see how we end.”