Spirit week and what it has to offer

WilFred Howey

SLHS student browses the spirit week lineup.

WilFred Howey, Staff Writer

This year St. Louis schools are participating in their annual spirit week starting on Sept. 20, 2018 leading up to homecoming. As always, St. Louis will put up posters saying when students should wear what corresponds with that day’s theme. “I think that this year’s spirit week will be very exciting. It lets the students show off each of their different and creative spirits,” said Elizabeth Romero.

This Monday is “Memes vs.  Vine” day. Students and teachers will both dress up as their favorite memes or favorite vine.

Tuesday will be “Switcharoo vs. Teacher look-alike.” Students and staff might dress up as their favorite teachers. They will also be able to dress up as the opposite gender. However, the dress code still applies.

Wednesday is “Night in vs. Night out.” Students and teachers will dress up as if they were having a “Night in” with themselves, or a “Night out” with their friends. The dress code still applies.

Thursday will be “Theme day,” meaning the genre of music your grade is assigned. Students will dress up as that genre of music. Freshmen: rap, sophomores: pop, juniors: classic rock, and seniors: country.

Friday, as always, will be “Red and Black day.” Students and teachers will dress up in red and black colors to show Shark pride for the homecoming game later that night.