St. Louis High School welcomes Beth Russell to the office

Mrs.+Russell+sits+at+her+new+desk+as+she+works.+

Natalie Lemert

Mrs. Russell sits at her new desk as she works.

Natalie Lemert, Writer

Saint Louis High School welcomed a new face in the office; Mrs. Beth Russell, who started Sept. 14. 

Mrs. Russell has been heavily involved in Saint Louis for quite some time and has been involved in Saint Louis Youth Football, as well as a lot of volunteering in the community. She felt comfortable with the area, so she applied for the open attendance clerk position. 

Mrs. Russell is excited to be in the school and know what’s going on and she looks forward to being able to interact with the students. Some of her goals consist of providing a safe place for students while giving them a caring face and a person to talk to. Russell hopes to provide support for other staff members. She hopes she can do her job well and efficiently and connect with everyone. 

Russell has many hobbies like mix-media art and poster making. Another favorite of hers is to watch her son play sports. Additionally, she loves spending time at her family cottage, kayaking, and cooking any type of food. Her favorite color is orange. Her favorite foods are sushi and Mexican. 

When asked what her perfect day would look like, Russell stated, “I would have to be up north with good weather. We would pack lunches and be out on the boat all day. We would go to the beach. Come back and have a good dinner and a bonfire.” 

Before coming to Saint Louis, Russell owned her own business. She painted the interiors of houses and helped people decorate them. This aligns with her favorite hobbies mentioned above. Russell graduated from Ashley High School and attended college at Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant. 

When asked what the most interesting thing she’s ever done was, Russell said, “I attended a MHSAA conference for athletic directors. I found it cool to see what that position looks like and what I could possibly be doing someday. It was very interesting. The best part was the breakout sessions.” 

Mrs. Russell is enjoying her first few days at Saint Louis, especially the students and her new coworker, Mrs. March.