St. Louis High School gets ready for Homecoming week!

Autumn Mann

These two students sit together as they plan their homecoming spirit looks!

Autumn Mann, Editor

With the leaves changing, chilly mornings starting, and the bright lights of Friday night football games, homecoming is right around the corner. This can be an exciting week for many at St. Louis High School. As past alumni look forward to coming home, students enjoy all the fun activities and the dance. The Shark’s Homecoming week begins Sept. 26!

This year, SLHS has planned numerous events to bring excitement to keep students fired up for the year. To start off, SLHS has planned a great Spirit Week! Monday is “stay in versus go out.” This gives students the opportunity to show up in their best pajamas or the best outfit they have in their closet. Tuesday will be “decades day” where students will show up dressed as any time period from the past years. Wednesday is “Fashion Disaster”, which allows for the best mismatched, chaotic outfit students can make. Thursday will be “Celebrity Day” where kids can dress as their favorite celeb. Friday is when “Red and Black”, so Sharks can show off their school pride! 

Senior, Evelynn Gutierrez expressed, “The day I’m most excited for is “Stay in versus Go out” because I’m able to wear my Pjs and put in minimal effort into my outfit. It’s the easiest, and everyone will most likely do it.” Junior, Charlie Lyon stated, “I’m excited for none of homecoming week. I’m excited for the end and that’s it.” Sophomore, Landon Pestrue explained, “I’m looking forward to red and black day.” Pestrue is excited to show support and his shark spirit. 

Next on the Sharks’ homecoming agenda, will be the PowderPuff game. This game is made up of two teams: Seniors and freshmen versus juniors and sophomores. Kickoff will start at 7 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 26th. Then on Thursday, Volleybuff is on at 7 p.m. in the Gymnasium. Friday will be the big game along with the SLHS big assembly. Volleyball teams will consist of the same grade teams. This assembly will have many fun games and events for the student body. During this assembly, there will be Captain St. Louis along with Team Idol better known as Mock Rock. Mock Rock is when the fall sports will compete in the annual tradition of showing off their best moves against each other. Another fun thing for the student body to enjoy is the Teacher Creature! This is a thing where the teachers perform a small skit. After the Friday night game, Oct. 1, the student body will slip on their heels and their ties as they get ready for the homecoming dance. The dance will go from 8 to 11 p.m. in the school cafeteria.