SLHS boys’ and girls’ Track and Field dominates their conference meet

Autumn Mann

Libby Munderloh races through her hurdles at the Conference meet against Bullock Creek and Valley Lutheran.

Aaron Bowerman, Writer

The St. Louis High School boys’ and girls’ track teams competed well Wednesday, April 20, 2022, against Bullock Creek and Valley Lutheran.

This is a big step for the girls’ track team taking their second meet with little resistance 106 to 31 against Bullock Creek and 103 to 32 against Valley Lutheran. Unfortunately for the guys’ team, they were only able to beat out the Valley Lutheran Chargers 85 to 51 and barely lost to Bullock Creek Lancers 64 to 73. Girls head coach Brogan Holmes stated, “I felt like both teams really pushed hard and both had a great competition on the day. However, the athletes still need to work on field events and handoffs; overall, everybody did pretty well showing their dedication and support for others.”

There were simply too many personal records on the day to list them all. A few outstanding performances on the night included the Jaiden Dickman and Natalie Lemert’s efforts in the two-mile. Ben Dousuah’s overall performance on the day was exceptional, especially when considering his first-place finish in shot put. Ignatius Jackson took off in his first meet of the year running the leading leg of the 4×200. Last but not least, shout-put goes to Benjamin March and Aaron Bowerman who both ran the gauntlet (4×800,1600,800, and 3200). Autumn Mann said, “This meet was really fun. It gave everyone a great chance to beat their personal record. I had a great time competing and I did beat my PR in discus and shot put.” 

The Sharks will be on the track again Wednesday, April 27, at the TVC Double Dual Meet at Ithaca.