Looking for a simple mindless game? Cats and Soup is meant for you!

A+SLHS+student+plays+the+game%2C+Cats+and+Soup%2C+while+having+freetime+in+class.+

Autumn Mann

A SLHS student plays the game, Cats and Soup, while having freetime in class.

Brooklyn Elsea, Writer

Recently, students at St. Louis High School have taken an interest in new games to cure their boredom. One of these games is Cats And Soup by HIDEA, which was made around Fall of 2021. The game is pretty simple, as Playoholic.com explains, “You will have to assist cute kitties to make sumptuous food for their customers. Start with soups, and as you progress, make different items such as juices to expand your business. As you build more and more facilities, you will have to hire cats to attend to them.”

A few students at SLHS have been playing this game, and find it enjoyable and relaxing during their free time. Students have given their personal reviews on the game themselves, and senior Xander Cole says, “It’s relaxing; it’s a very nice game and I love it. I’ve gotten four kids and a teacher to download the game. Not to brag, but I have 15 cats so far in the game.” 

“It’s definitely as relaxing as I thought it’d be,” said junior Mikayla Haag. “It was honestly probably better than I thought it would be. I really enjoyed the game. It’s kind of simple, but it keeps you busy and trying to get new things within the game. I definitely recommend it for anyone, because I’ve had new people try it, and they really enjoyed it. The game really can be for anyone and everyone. It’s not a very popular game yet, but I hope more people try it.”

Junior Evelynn Gutierrez said, “It’s a very relaxing game. It’s really simple and easy to play. I enjoy the overall vibes and enjoy the game, especially when trying to expand my land. I would definitely recommend it to as many as I can. Since it’s a cute and relaxing game that anyone can enjoy. I was the OG(original) of my friend group to play the game.”

If you’re looking for a game to play that’s relaxing yet productive, Cats and Soup is the game to install. According to the company’s website, the game has surpassed five million downloads, and currently has 1.2 million users that actively play the game daily. You can enjoy the game on any mobile device you own and customize your cats however you’d like.