No dues blues

A+student+counts+all+of+his+money+in+a+hurry+so+that+he+can+turn+in+his+dues.+

Autumn Mann

A student counts all of his money in a hurry so that he can turn in his dues.

Autumn Mann, Editor

Recently, at St. Louis High School there was an informational meeting in Ms. Everitt’s room regarding prom. Juniors were welcome to attend to help plan and create some ideas about what the theme should be. However, they heard some unfortunate news that because many juniors have not paid their class dues, SLHS may not have enough funding to host and create an amazing prom this school year. 

Students are expected to pay their student dues every year or all together at once. They are welcome to pay at any time while in school, and the total cost of class dues is $40. 

It is unfortunate that SHLS has to determine if prom is something that can be eliminated because students haven’t paid yet. However, there still is hope. If students pay their class dues on time, then SLHS students may still create a prom for this year. 

Sarah Corson, a junior at SLHS expressed, “I think it is really sad. Especially since this is the first year where I’m able to attend prom, and it would be devastating if it turns out we wouldn’t have a prom.” 

Junior, Evelynn Gutierrez stated, “It would be really upsetting if we couldn’t have prom just because others didn’t pay their dues. It wouldn’t be fair to the seniors and to the ones who did pay.” 

Junior, Mikayla Haag also expressed, “Luckly, I’ve already paid my class dues and I wish more of my peers would have paid theirs. Hopefully, we will get our prom, and it will be a blast.”