Class of 2023 and 2024 prepare for Spanish club trip to Ecuador

Eddie+Memije-+Ramirez+and+Marlena+Pestrue+prepare+to+go+to+Ecuador+by+viewing+a+brochure.+

Aaron Bowerman

Eddie Memije- Ramirez and Marlena Pestrue prepare to go to Ecuador by viewing a brochure.

Aaron Bowerman, Staff Writer

The classes of 2023 and 2024 will be going on a Spanish trip to Ecuador in the spring of 2023. 

Normally, the St. Louis Spanish Club takes their class trip during the spring break of that year. During the time between freshman year and the trip, there are several meetings that prepare students for the trip. A few requirements students must fulfill to go are: at least two years of Spanish, having a passport, plus paying for the trip. Chaperones this year will include Mr. Kuhn and Ms. Kisser as well as some parent volunteers.

On average, each student will be paying $3,100 for their nine-day trip and will be participating in activities such as touring old town Quito, white water rafting, seeing waterfalls, and participating in other group activities. Spanish teacher and club leader Kisser said, “I am very excited to be able to experience Ecuador; it will be interesting to see the history of Quito.” Ms. Kisser has high hopes for this group of students. 

As it would happen, trips are often paired with other schools in order to fill busses. Due to the combined classes, the kids will have a greater opportunity for a more personal trip. Junior Laney Pestrue states, “I’m really excited to see all the sights, and I think it will be an immersive experience to see how people live in Ecuador. I’m also excited to try out my Spanish in a different country.” This trip will be a great opportunity for St. Louis High School students to experience another culture.