St. Louis sideline cheer and community will be participating in the colorful bell walk to Ithaca!

Autumn Mann

The Rival Bell versus Ithaca Vs. St. Louis sits with pride within Mr. Huff ‘s office.

Autumn Mann, Editor

As many people know, St. Louis and Ithaca have been rival teams for a very long time. Last year St. Louis High School Boy’s basketball team won back the bell. Well, this year sideline cheer and the community will be walking the bell to Ithaca High School Oct. 1. 

The community and SLHS will meet at the bike path in Alma to start the walk at 4:30 p.m. Friday. It is recommended to come around 4:25 p.m.. There are three points of entry: beginning: carpool lot on Lincoln Rd., Middle: Ithaca rest area, and the end where the path ends at Washington Road, where everyone will take Union Street to the high school.

Everyone will line the path as the sideline cheer walks by with the bell. After they pass, everyone is encouraged to join the parade-like adventure. There will be markers for where each grade is asked to line the path. Community is welcomed to stand anywhere they would like! 

Freshmen will be lined up at the first leg of the relay. Sophomores will be lined up at the second leg of the relay. It’s suggested to access the path from the beginning or the middle. Juniors will be the third leg of the relay. The best point of entry for juniors will be either the middle or end. Seniors will be at the end of the relay.. Seniors will be walking the bell from Union Street to the Ithaca High School.

This bell walk was a well-known event that happened in the past forSt. Louis. It’s time to bring back this tradition and show Shark pride. However, this walk comes with a twist. The bell walk will be a colorful walk. Students and the community will be able to buy color powder to throw along the way as they walk. This powder will be for sale at SLHS in the office and in Mrs. Biehl’s room. It is also available at Flegal Tech Repair, Crafty Pare, and RiverRock. The prices for students will be $1.00 while the community will be able to buy them for $2.00. 

Maria Puga-Trevino expressed, “ I’m very excited for the bell walk because it’s a chance for our whole community to get together and celebrate how far we have come.” 

Aaron Bowerman added, “I’m extremely ecstatic for the bell walk community event. I’m excited because it will be a great opportunity for me to get together with my friends and celebrate with the community.” 

If anyone has questions, ask sideline cheer for information!