TikTok is responsible for making these songs famous?

SLHS+student+listen+to+a+playlist+on+Spotify+full+of+TikTok+songs.++

Autumn Mann

SLHS student listen to a playlist on Spotify full of TikTok songs.

Brooklyn Elsea, Writer

Tiktok has become a very popular social media platform, especially for Generation Z. The app has been known for its famous audios it uses, which brings the attention to this article, which focuses on songs that owe the success to Tiktok.

Over the years of Tiktok rising to fame, millions of songs have been recognized from Tiktok. A big category of the songs are from musicals such as: Mean Girls, Heathers, Mamma Mia and more. However, those aren’t the only songs and genres that have become popular after attention was drawn by Tiktok, Maneskin, Mother Mother, and Bo Burnham songs have been popular on Tiktok, giving the bands more attention and recognition. Additionally, Blackpink’s songs have also been trending on the app. 

Although there were already existing bands and artists that got recognized on the app, there are some artists who showed their talents and, despite their large popularity, became even more famous for their music. A few artists that are good examples of this are: Charli D’Amelio, Dixie D’Amelio, Loren Gray, Addison Rae, Bella Poarch, etc. 

“I’d say one of my favorites (songs that were recognized from Tiktok) is “Love and War” by Yellow Claw and Yade Lauren. This song was usually used to edit on Tiktok, but I genuinely loved the song, and I listened to it on repeat so many times.” said junior Sarah Corson.

There are also Spotify playlists about songs popular on the app. Most of the playlists consist of Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, and Olivia Rodrigo, as they all became a hit on Tiktok. These songs are either used for things like edits, dance videos, background music, or anything the creators of the video think of. According to Influencer MarketingHub, July 26, 2021. “..If you’re wondering which songs have the world singing, dancing and creating along, we’ve compiled a list of 50 of the most popular songs taking over Tiktok.” The website includes (as said) 50 songs that are a few of the most popular right now. Although they will not be listed, this can be a reliable source to use if people know a song that’s popular, but don’t know the name of it.

The list will most likely change, as there are millions of songs that blow up and are released every day. Yet, there are more than millions of songs that became famous due to the amount of recognition it received from the app.