Lady Sharks Golf finish their first TVC with a win!

Courtesy Photo

Natalee Hoyt tees at Jamboree in Twin Oaks Golf.

Korah Honig, Writer

The Lady Sharks finished first in Wednesday’s TVC Jamboree at Twin Oaks Golf Course Wednesday, Sept. 8. 

The team was led by sophomores Josie Schrot and Natalie Hoyt, both shooting a 96, and junior Danielle Thelen shooting a 114. 

The team is very young this year, especially considering the fact that they lost five seniors last season. Mrs. Biehl, the coach, said the team has definitely changed with having only two returning varsity golfers. Because of this, the team did a lot of preseason work to be prepared for the coming season. 

Biehl added, “Over the summer we ran a golf camp, and it helped to get the girls out golfing early. Four of our ten golfers are brand new to the sport. Their work over the summer has really helped them improve. Emma (Worthy), a sophomore and first-year golfer, has worked her way into the starting six so far this season.” 

Biehl is very optimistic about the group of girls this year and is excited about the atmosphere. “The team dynamic is supportive and fun. The girls enjoy working together and are encouraging which is incredibly important with golf being such a mental game.”

The team is currently sitting first in the TVC. Natalie Hoyt commented, “I personally thought it went well! I did pretty good and the rest of our team did well too! I am super excited about our team placing first in our conference!” She also said that it was an average course, but the rain imposed a challenge.

They are hosting a home invitational, The Shark Classic, Monday, Sept. 13.