Olivia Rodrigo’s Debut Album Hits SLHS Hearts

Brooklyn Elsea, Staff Writer

After releasing her hit song, Drivers License, Olivia Rodrigo became the top hit on many streaming platforms. Her singing career slowly overpowered her acting career, and many of her songs became number one on the charts. The week Rodrigo announced her new song Driver’s License, it became number one on the charts. Then her second single Deja Vu reached number eight on the US Billboard Hot 100 where it sat beside her debut single. 

Rodrigo continued to rise to fame when she became the first artist to debut two singles inside the Top 10 of the Top 100. She made yet another comeback May 25, 2021 when her new song Good 4 U became No. 1 as well. Then Rodrigo finally released her debut album, Sour May 21

The songs on the album consist of Brutal, Traitor, Drivers License, 1 Step Forward 3 Steps Back, Deja Vu, Good 4 U, Enough For You, Happier, Jealousy Jealousy, Favorite Crime, Hope Ur Ok. There have been rumors that Rodrigo is coming out with a new album already and that it will be released soon.

“My favorite song on the album would have to be Drivers License because I’m not a big fan of her, but I liked her when she released that song,” sophomore Jacie Burnham said. “I think she’s talented, but needs to move on,” said freshman Lilly Massaway. 

As of May 28, the breakup record has hit No. 1 in the United Kingdom, with over a million streams. Many people hope for a Grammy nomination for the 18-year-old, which could be possible due to how many streams she has had in under a week of the release. Many people are excited for the future ahead of Olivia Rodrigo, and maybe another smashing album.