TikTok’s “Hype House” is coming to Netflix

Brooklyn Elsea, Staff Writer

As many people know by now, Netflix is releasing a new reality show about the famous TikTok Hype House – a house with a collective of TikTokers, Youtubers and Influencers. There has not been a specified release date currently, but Netflix is hoping to premiere in the year of 2021. 

The cast of the show will be Kouvr Annon, Nikita Dragun, Sienna Mae Gomez, Chase Hudson, Larri Merritt, Thomas Petrou, Alex Warren, and Jack Wright. The original creation of the Hype House was announced December 2019, starting off with the co-founders Thomas Petrou, Daisy Keech, Alex Warren, and Chase Hudson; TikTok top creators such as Charli D’Amelio, Dixie D’Amelio, Addison Rae, and the Lopez brothers became a part of the crew around January 2020.

“This will reveal a side of themselves we rarely see,” Netflix said. The house had many complications, such as social distancing during the pandemic; since they were soon stuck in a house together. The only members that actually live in the Hype House are Daisy Keech, Alex Warren, Kouvr Annon, and Thomas Petrou, the rest of the members live elsewhere in their own homes.

Freshman Tori Patterson said, “I think it’s going to be a super boring show, and there’s going to be nothing going on the whole time because all they do is make TikToks.”

The show could either be a hit or crumble. Some fans are not thrilled with the idea of this becoming a reality show. Netflix canceled and removed many shows for this to happen. Will the anger from the people cause this to be a complete failure? Or will fans have an understanding and watch the show either way? Nobody knows how it will go, or if it will go like a normal reality show. Everyone hopes for the best with this show, especially Netflix and the Hype House members.