The Good Doctor becomes a school favorite

Jaszmin Harbor, Staff Writer

As the school year progresses, students are searching for a new binge-worthy show to watch at home. One of those includes The Good Doctor.

The Good Doctor is a show starring  Shaun Murphy, who is a young autistic surgeon who has savant syndrome. Shaun relocates from quiet country life to join the surgical unit at the prestigious San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital, which was strongly supported by his mentor, Dr. Aaron Glassman. Having survived a troubled childhood with an abusive dad, and the trauma of losing his only brother, Shaun is alone in the world and unable to personally connect with those around him.  However, he finds his niche using his extraordinary medical skill and intuition to save lives and challenge the skepticism of his colleagues.

Katrina Harbor stated, “This show is absolutely amazing. I literally watch the show whenever I can. I find it interesting how he and his brother ran away from home and ended up living on a bus. Every episode I watch, I learn something new and find myself coming across a different situation they go through. I would definitely recommend this show to everyone I know because it is inspirational and educational.”

Playing Shaun Murphy from the show was Freddy Highmore.Alfred Thomas “Freddie” Highmore was born on Feb. 14, 1992, in Camden Town, London, England.  He started appearing in small roles on TV from the age of seven. Miranda Strong proclaimed, “I love Freddy Highmore. He is an amazing actor from Charlie and The Chocolate factor to The Good Doctor. He is one of my favorite male actors to watch and his accent makes his acting ten times better.”