SLHS Students Share Their Favorite Slurpee Flavor

Brooklyn Elsea

Students compare different Slurpee flavors.

Brooklyn Elsea, Staff Writer

Gas Station 7-11 has been open for years serving customers in St. Louis. Now that spring is coming around, St. Louis High School students are returning to the retail store to purchase slurpee during their lunch hours. 

Joe C. Thompson founded this store known as 7-11 in 1927 while finding John Jefferson Green selling ice, where he asked Thompson to create a store from it. For 94 years, they sold basic needs cheaper than bigger marketing stores. According to the 7-11 website, The headquarters location is Dallas, Texas. Slurpees were introduced to the market in 1966, arguably the world’s most popular non-alcoholic frozen drink; July 11 (7-Eleven Day), 8,000 locations across the country hand out free slurpees. 

Students were asked their opinions on their favorite slurpee flavors. Many concluded they enjoy how many flavors there are and how they switch them out depending on the seasons and companies. For the most part, students agreed their tropical flavors were similar to the label and did not disappoint. “I really enjoy pina colada. It’s tropical, and I like how it tastes very similar to pineapple.” Sophomore Mack Reid added, “the best combo is Mountain Dew and Coca-Cola because the two flavors complement one another well.” Sophomore Cristian Waltz explained the hype about this combination. Students were asked what is the best flavor that isn’t all year round and the number of people who agreed the Faygo Rockn’Rye was the number one answer was amazing. “It’s not all year round, so I take it when I can.” Colton Markwell spoke for everyone when he said he thinks they should add more Faygo flavors. 

Students’ favorite place to go to this gas station is 102 E Washington St, St. Louis MI. during spring and summer. Going during lunch and after school seems to be the most popular time for students to go and clench their thirst for this famous frozen drink. Although the store has many other marketing options, the slurpees and large lollipops are famous when it comes to kids who live in Alma and St. Louis; it’s most beneficial because of how close it is to the school. Many kids will forever enjoy this frozen drink and how many diverse flavors there are to never bore them from satisfying their taste buds.