Spring has finally arrived!!

SLHS+student+enjoys+the+spring+weather+outside.+

Autumn Mann

SLHS student enjoys the spring weather outside.

Autumn Mann, Staff Writer

Spring is finally here at Saint Louis High School! Staff and students say goodbye to winter with big smiles on their faces and put away the winter coats and boots. Spring officially began March 20 but for Michiganders spring starts as soon as the birds are out singing, the sun is shining, and the snow is all melting. 

Lately, in small town St. Louis the sun has been shining with a cool breeze leaving visible happiness on many people’s faces as they smell the nice fresh air. However, what do people do when spring rolls around and what do they look forward to the most? 

Spring brings the beautiful flowers most people look forward to blooming. Many know the phrase “April showers brings May flowers.” Another thing many love to see during the cool warm weather is the birds hopping around and chirping as they look for worms to feed their newly born birds. Yet, one of the main things people love about spring is spring break which gives everyone a little break to enjoy the nice weather without stress or having to worry about school activities. This nice weather brings the tents, camping supplies, and of course the hiking boots out of closet. 

However, what are some other activities to do during this nice weather? Well, there are many things to do during the nice weather. For example, planta garden or go see the cherry blossoms before they begin to fall off. A couple of other simple things to do with spring are swimming in an indoor pool, having a picnic, or going to parks with friends or family. 

With the nice weather, another thing that many people love to do is have a cookout. A great activity to do during spring is going to feed the ducks which can be great bonding experiences with nature just like camping or hiking. 

One sophomore, Alexander Hardy, enjoys spring because of the nice cool weather and he can bust out his well-known Hawiian shirts. He prefers when the weather during spring is a light cool rain without it being too cold or too hot. Hardy states, “My favorite thing about spring is being able to go outside. My favorite place to be during spring is Grant Bebow’s house where I can hang out and chill with the boys.” His go-to outfit for spring is Hawiian shirts and of course the khaki shorts. 

Bryce Fransico is a big spring fan because it gives him the chance to play one of his favorite sports–baseball. Fransico stated, “I like spring because it gives me a chance to go outside with my friends but also is the time for me to play baseball.” Fransico’s outfits for spring usually T-shirts and some shorts. His favorite type of weather when it comes to spring is colder windy days. But his main reason that he deeply enjoys spring is the same as Hardy’s because it gives him the chance to hang out at Grant’s house with the boys. 

McKenize Reid loves spring because it finally allows her to put up her winter coat and boots. Reid stated, “I love spring because my family goes to Frankfort and we shop and spend a lot of time at the beach.” She loves thunderstorms and experiencing cool breeze. Reid loves spring because she can get comfortable in just T-shirts and basketball shorts.