Movie 17 Again makes a comeback

Alexandra Pawlitz, Editor

With being stuck in the house, many people struggle to find something to do. One of the first things that comes to mind is what new movies will Netflix be releasing. 

17 Again was released Apr. 14, 2009, but has recently made an appearance on Netflix. Once this movie was released on Netflix, it was ranked in the top 10 of the movie section for almost two weeks. Even though 17 Again was released in 2009, it’s still a popular movie in the United States.

Danielle Luft mentioned, “I was scrolling through Netflix and I came across this movie. It looked really good from the trailer so I decided to watch it, and it was amazing.”

17 Again focuses on Mike O’Donnell and his desire to return back to his 17-year-old life.  O’Donnell was an all-star basketball player in high school, but he threw away every opportunity he could’ve had to marry his girlfriend and raise their child. Almost 20 years later, Mike’s marriage has failed, his kids think he’s a loser, and his job is going nowhere. However, he gets the chance to correct the mistakes of his past and change his life when he is miraculously transformed back to a teenager. While attempting to fix his past, he may be jeopardizing not only his present but his future as well. 

Brooke Barrett commented, “This movie was really good and it provided the audience with a message that they can take to the heart. I would highly recommend watching this movie on Netflix if you’re ever bored and looking for something to watch.” 

Many people wonder why 17 Again is making an appearance again after 12 years. According to Netflixlife, Zac Efron has become insanely popular throughout the years and putting the movie on Netflix again would give the audience a chance to see Zac Efron again.

Valentina Memije said, “I love Zac Efron and any ability to see him star in a movie on Netflix is amazing. I’m so glad they put 17 Again back on Netflix because it’s such a great movie overall!