Student Council holds a “halfway-there” spirit week

Maria Puga-Trevino

Alex Hardy dresses up for Monday’s theme of “Blanket Day.”

Maria Puga-Trevino, Staff Writer

With the first semester ending with exams, students all over the school groan with exhaustion. So, as a solution, the St. Louis student council members met to discuss a fun way to destress over the exams. 

Alex Hardy, a sophomore at St. Louis High School, states, “I really enjoyed the spirit days for this week. Although we didn’t have school Wednesday, I look forward to dressing up for the next few days. I agree that the student council should continue with the spirit weeks for as long as possible. I think it is a great way to show off our school spirit and to destress and not worry about the major things.” Hardy expresses that he is excited to see what is to come in the near future on behalf of the spirit weeks.

Sophomore Kiersten Wenslick states, “I didn’t dress up this week because I didn’t really have anything to wear for the days of the week. But I look forward to dressing up for the next spirit weeks to come!”

Sarah Corson, also a sophomore, states, “Since I am an online person, I didn’t really dress up. I only dressed up on the day I had a google meet.” Corson agrees with everyone else that this spirit week is a good way to destress over this semester. She also states that when she comes back in person she is excited to dress up and show off her Shark pride!

It is quite evident that the spirit week that this school holds brings great joy to staff and students who want to show off their Shark pride! Everyone is looking forward to what is to come next!