Shark Scene staff sends Santa a letter for their 2020 wishes

Shark Scene Staff, Editor

Dear Santa, 

I know it has been a long, long time since I have written to you. Also, please excuse the years and years worth of my name being found on the naughty list. I promise that finally, at the ripe old age of 43, I have overcome all my youthful misguidance. With that said, I really only want one thing for Christmas in this horrid year 2020. It’s really quite simple. I want all of my students to return to the classroom. I want this because I know that here they are safe, fed, warm, social, sober (for the most part), and engaged. I will take all snarky comments from them with a grain of salt. I also promise to limit my sarcasm and rhetorical questions no matter how ridiculous their answers are. They can even get a free pass when I catch them snap chatting, Instagram posting, Among Us playing, etc. Mask wearing? Yes, I promise I will and not complain at all! If you could grant this one wish, I will forever be indebted to you. Okay big guy, let me know what you want me to leave out for your Christmas Eve snack. If I don’t hear from you, I will assume the usual is sufficient! I wish you safe travels! 

God Bless,

Mr. Kuhn 

Dear you big ole’ red guy,

I haven’t written to you since I was a little girl and this was definitely a lot of years ago. I think the last thing I asked you for was a Nintendo DSI and my preference when it comes to Christmas gifts has definitely changed for the better as I’ve grown up. I know I don’t normally reach out to you nowadays, but this year I’m needing your help. All I want for Christmas is for everything to go back to normal and being able to not have a fear of someone in your life passing away during a global pandemic. I just want my senior year back and to have the ability to tour Ferris State University in person instead of doing it virtually. I just miss all of my normal activities and I’m desperately needing a pick-me-up during this time. Anyways, I hope you’re doing well and putting your elves to work during this time. The kids in the world need something worth celebrating in 2020. Don’t be too reckless with your sled when delivering those gifts though!  

Yours truly,

Alexandra Pawlitz

Dear Santa,

I know you haven’t heard from me since I asked for a jet-powered wheelchair a few years ago (which I never got), but I just want to let you know I don’t need that anymore. Instead, what I want for Christmas this year is for a track season. And not only a track season, but a wrestling season, a basketball season, and all the other seasons. There are so many kids who have worked tirelessly for opportunities in sports this year, and I really want them to get those opportunities. I’d appreciate it if you could work some of that Christmas magic and help this coronavirus business to settle down so we can safely have our sports seasons. Thanks big guy.

(P.S. Even though I’m not necessarily in need of the jet-fueled wheelchair anymore, I wouldn’t be mad if it showed up under my tree!)

Your favorite South Pole elf,

Keegan Honig

Dear Santa Clause, 

What’s up big guy? I am sorry my letter is late, it has been a very stressful year. What I want is simple. I want COVID-19 to be gone by March. That way it gives you a little extra time to work on this. I want to go to prom, see my friends, be on the student council, and have the rest of my high school career back. Prom is in April along with my 17th birthday, so I just want to be able to have fun for the last year of not being an adult. I know it has been awhile since we have spoken, but I know my brothers are in close contact so I hope that gives me some street cred. If all else fails, some more chickens would be nice. I will be leaving out the sugar frosted cookies from Mejier for you along with some ice cold milk, per usual. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the years full of Christmas joy,

(your favorite Chvojka)

Leah 

Dear Santa,

Coming from me, a person with an ego higher than Mt. Everest, this is going to sound strange — I truly need your help. I know it is unlike me to ask for help, especially in such a desperate way, but I assure you that this is of the utmost importance. Reagan, my dracaena marginata palm tree, is dying. Her blood is on my hands. I gave her everything she could ever need:Water, Bright Indirect light, A misting once a week for humidity, Constant love and attention. Yet she is still being the most stubborn palm on the whole planet. So you are probably asking how you can help. I think that the best solution is for you to bless Reagan to an eternal life of bliss. I know that this is a lot to ask from you considering you couldn’t even give me the right hot wheels car in fourth grade, but I firmly believe in you.

Yours Truly,

Curtis Brashaw, All time member of the Nice List

Dear Mr. Claus, 

I am aware that it has been a while since you have heard from me. I just wanted to reach out and make sure you are doing well these days. I heard Dasher, Prancer, and Cupid ran away from the stables. I am sure you will find replacements. But that is besides the point. I wanted to contact you because I have not heard from you since January 18, 2015, when I turned 10 years old. If you would find it in your heart to deliver presents to me once again, I want the treaty to take control of the Hoover Dam. I want to be able to monopolize the distribution of energy and water into the surrounding states.

Thank you, 

Tyson Head

Hey there big red,

I know you haven’t heard from me in a while. The last time we spoke was when I asked for that barbie dreamhouse that you forgot to give me. It’s okay now, I accept your unsaid apology. I know it seems quite bizarre to be asking you for things since it has been long since we had last spoken. But, I might have to pop in from time to time in my life to ask you for wishes. You’re almost like a genie except, you’re not. Anyways, my Christmas list includes keeping my family and friends healthy, and making sure everyone is and will be enjoying the holidays. I know this might seem a lot to ask for because you grant the wishes of seven billion people each year. So will you take my wishes into consideration? I could even leave out some milk and cookies for your travels! Oh, and one other thing, how is prancer?

(Also, we only have almond milk left…)

P.S. You can also email me, @madgirlwhodidn’tgetabarbie_treehouseattheageofnine.net

Yours truly,

Maria 

Dear Santa, 

I’ve never written to you before because I never really had an interest in doing so, so I figured 17 is a good age to start. I have heard from many people that I don’t have the best track record. I suppose I could agree with that. But I’m not selfish and I’m very humble, so I think you should just strike my name off that naughty list of yours. That being said, this year, and every year after, I would like my friends and family to stay safe during these tough times and I wish good fortune for all of them. I would really appreciate it because my family is one of the most important things in my life. They deserve good times and happy years. 

Thanks, Kay Stites

Dear Big Santa, 

The last time I remember writing to you was when I was a little girl with pigtails in my hair. I used to wish for things like stuffed animals, nail polish, and those chewy Polly pockets. But I’ve changed and my view of the world has changed. I know I haven’t been the nicest or best child I could have been these last couple of years. Please do forgive me for my childish behavior, for I am truly sorry Big Red. I know it is selfish of me to not have written to you and now ask for such things. But as time goes by I’m learning to cherish the little things in life, and as I get older, the things I want aren’t as important to me. It’s the things people around me need that are important. I care less about what I’m getting and more about how others are feeling and about how people need more self-love in the world. So for my Christmas wish this year, I wish that everyone in the world gets to become who they truly want to be and for things to go back to normal. I wish for everyone in the world to experience true love and learn to accept themselves for who they are because everyone is worthy and beautiful. For Christmas, I really just want everyone to feel and to know they are loved and treasured in the world and that they are important even if it may not feel that way. Now Santa, I know it may be hard for you to control your excitement this Christmas, but just take it easy on the eggnog and try not to run over any grandmas this year:)

Sincerely, 

The cookie thief, Autumn Mann

Dear My Big Red Brother,

As an Honorary Member of the “Big-Man Society,” I also love a pile of cookies throughout the night. I am writing to you personally because a lot of people need your help this year. Yes, this won’t be my last letter this year because as you know, my little brother loves to write to you, and I am going to try to keep the little twinkle in his eye for as long as I can. I am hoping that you will be able to keep people hopeful in this year of 2020. Yes, I know Mr. Kuhn said he will stop with his condescending remarks and sarcasm, but I hope he doesn’t. Those are a couple of things that make him stand out and my favorite teacher to be in class with. I enjoy that he takes jabs at people…especially me because it shows he cares. Other than the wish of keeping Kuhn the same way, I also have another request. Please bring joy and happiness to everyone that needs it. I have been fortunate enough to not have Covid and for all my family to be able to keep their jobs to pay bills; others have not been as fortunate. To those who haven’t been as fortunate, I hope you bring a miracle to them. All right, big guy, I hope you have a great night, and I’ll make sure to set out two plates of cookies because I’ll probably end up eating one.

Sincerely,

The naughty list record holder, WilFred Howey

Dear Santa, 

I know you have lots of wishes to attend to this year so I’m sure you’ll have your hands full. My wish this year is pretty simple. The main wish is that people get to spend time with their families and stay safe. I know it’s not exactly possible for no one to get sick again, but I know lots of people miss their family members.  For me personally, I know Christmas is a big holiday for my family to get together. I’m not able to see most of them because of the circumstances, but I hope that others get to spend quality time with their loved ones while staying safe. Even though this Christmas might not be as normal or as “fun” this year, but I hope people make the best out of it.

P.S. Thanks for the Christmas break. I know everyone, including the adults and kids, could use it. Thank you and hope you’re not too stressed big guy.

Sincerely, Mikayla Haag

Dear Santa,

Hi, this is weird. I’ve never written to you, so this is new I guess. Who thought I’d be 15 and just now writing to you? I get it, we never did cookies, never did milk, and I’m sure you’re angry since we denied you extra protein for the next house. Listen, I need this wish for Christmas though; you can help a girl out right? Sure you can. I just need a small thing. I need at least half of the school year to be…semi-normal; not a lot, just a flick of the wrist I’m sure of it. Just half of the year. Let the Seniors have their final year man. Again, I’m sure you’re angry, but the past is in the past! As Timon would say, “You gotta put the past behind you.” I’ll even bring out the famous cookies my family obsesses over for you; we only have 2% milk though. You fine with that? Good to know we are okay now, pal. Got off on the wrong hoof, so lets get back on the right! 

The stranger down on earth, 

Brooklyn Elsea

Dear Santa,

Now obviously I am on the nice list because of the fact that I am a saint. My wish for this Christmas is somewhat easy. What I really want for christmas is to be back in class. I know some students love virtual learning, but it’s not for me. I also want winter sports to come back. Now I know you would grant my request because you are such a jolly person. If you were to do this, then I will try to get my siblings back on the nice list with me. I’m not a materialistic person, so I hope that this request is not too much to ask for.

The nicest person on earth,

Jaszmin Harbor

Dear Santa Clause,

This year has been a disaster, but I still have hope in Christmas. What do I want this year you may ask? I want there to be no global warming. The ozone layer is breaking apart as I’m writing this. This Earth is beautiful, and it should be treated that way. I understand that it’s the people who are ruining this world. That’s all I really want I guess. 

Your favorite,

Alianna Vera – Carrillo