SLHS students gives back to teachers

SLHS+student+gives+appreciation+to+a+SLHS+teacher.+

Jaszmin Harbor

SLHS student gives appreciation to a SLHS teacher.

Jaszmin Harbor, Staff Writer

The biggest gestures come in the smallest packages. St. Louis High School students have found a way to give thanks towards teachers by putting sticky notes filled with compliments on their doors.

According to Happify Daily, “Giving a genuine compliment is an amazing positivity boost! But compliments are not only good for the recipients—they’re good for the people who give them as well. When you go out of your way to say something nice and give thoughtful praises to another person, it amplifies your self-confidence and nourishes your self-esteem.”

Ms. Kisser, a Spanish teacher at SLHS states, “I find this to be very sweet, and they brighten up my day. The ones I find funny on my door is ‘Donde esta la leche.’(Where is the milk?). I had to take one inappropriate down, but other than that the sticky notes with compliments are really nice.”

Some of the sticky notes are actually really funny. There was a quote on Mr. Lawhorne’s door that says, “Your have nice knees.” Mr. Landis, a gym and health teacher, claims that he hasn’t found a really funny one yet, and read’s the notes on his door a lot. He states that he is someone who thrives on feedback and words of affirmation, so he really enjoys the little notes. He says that he has read all of the notes and didn’t have to take any inappropriate notes down.

According to the article, “Compliments Can Change Your Day,” “After you receive a compliment, your blood pressure will decrease because your body produces hormones that will relieve your anxiety and stress levels. You can help other people to have a healthier blood pressure level by also complimenting them.”