First time voters are eager for the 2020 presidential election

Jaszmin Harbor, Staff Writer

Out with the old and in with the new, here comes election day. Election day is Tuesday November 3, 2020, and a few seniors at St. Louis High school will be eligible to vote.

According to Nate Cohn, a correspondent for The New York Times, “This year’s 2020 elections are head-to-head with republican, Donald Trump versus. Democrat, Joe Biden. According to the polls, Biden appears to have 270 votes, while Trump is at 143 votes.”

Owen Downs, a senior, said, “I am voting this year for my first time. I am voting through the mail. I am going to vote for Joe Biden  because I like his policies and he is a great leader. He is  way more mature compared to Donald Trump and doesn’t throw random tweets.”

The Visual and Data Journalism Team for BBC News stated,In the EPIC-MRA poll released Friday morning, 48% of respondents said they would vote for Biden and 40% for Trump if the election was held immediately. Those percentages are statistically no different than the results from a poll published in early August by EPIC-MRA because the change is within the polls’ margin of error.”

According to Cade Peastrue, a senior, “I’m not voting this year because I’m torn. I like the policies that the republicans have, but don’t agree about the certain things that Trump says and does. If I were to vote I would vote for Joe Biden.”

According to Harry Enten, a senior writer and analyst for CNN, “Some states, it seems, get all the attention in presidential elections. You probably know most of them by now: Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc.”