Student reactions going back to school

Tyson Head

Adam Shattuck is excited to be back at SLHS.

Tyson Head, Staff Writer

St. Louis Public School students went back to school August 31, 2020. 

It’s no secret that school isn’t the most popular place among students, but Riley Davis has a slightly different experience. As a virtual student, it may be a misconception that he gets leniency and special treatment in the class. However, according to him, “I do not think I get better treatment as a virtual student. We have the same assignments and same due dates.” so it would seem that these virtual learners have no special privileges over a regular student. 

Davis continued, “The main thing that made me not want to come back was the masks. The only thing that’s changed for me is waking up earlier than usual.” On the other side of the spectrum, there’s Adam Shattuck, a student who’s decided to return to school in person. According to Shattuck, “I think we should go to school if it’s safe, but if anyone tests positive, we shouldn’t be able to at all because of student safety. I think the masks are very uncomfortable, but I can obviously see why they’re required.” 

All in all, it seems most regular students are happy to be back in school, while the online students seem to be okay with the circumstances as well. Although the masks may seem uncomfortable, a little help goes a long way in ensuring student safety here at SLHS.