The resurgence of SLHS pep band

Keegan Honig

Jenna Jewell plays the piano for the pep band.

Keegan Honig, Editor

Basketball season is officially here, which means the resurgence of the St. Louis High School Pep Band! The Pep Band consists of the before-school jazz band students who show up at 7:00 a.m. every single morning to play music. This is a very dedicated group of young musicians! 

The band does an incredible job at energizing players and spectators with its loud and catchy tunes. With classic, recognizable hits like The Final Countdown, Don’t Stop Believin’, and Sweet Caroline, the band makes sure to play songs that will create enthusiasm and pump up the crowd.

Trumpet player Dilynn Everitt shared, “Pep Band is one of my favorite things about jazz band. It’s a fun time to support our classmates, and we play upbeat music that almost everyone enjoys.”

Varsity basketball player Logan Koutz said, “As a player coming out and hearing our band play our warmup was nice. They did a very good job, and it’s always nice to see the school invest into each other and work together to make the Shark Tank an incredible atmosphere .”

Tenor saxophone player Korah Honig stated, “I love being in pep band. It’s really fun, and it’s a good way for people to be more involved in school activities if they don’t do sports. I love being able to support our basketball players with upbeat, pump-up music.”

Spectator Logan Abell said, “The pep band sounds like a professional arrangement of instruments. The sound quality is an improvement from last year.”

The pep band is performing at a total of nine home basketball games in the Shark Tank to support the basketball teams.