Are you ready for Homecoming?

Ethan Wilson

Junior nominees Logan Koutz (left) and Cade Pestrue (right) get recognized in front of their peers.

Autumn Mann, Staff Writer

Homecoming is just around the corner. Candidates were voted for Thursday, Sept. 5, and the results are in. The candidates for freshmen boys were: Alex Hardy, Aston Leonard, Dylan Marr, and Thomas Zacharko. The nominees for the freshmen girls were: Ashlynn Breen, Izabelle Hrabal, and Alexys Rodriguez. 

Alex Hardy said, “Thanks to the people who voted for me.  It was one of those things where you’re like,  ‘Hey wait a minute, was that me?’ and I just think it’s really cool, and I appreciate each and every one of you.”  Hardy is pretty excited about Homecoming, but mostly he just wants to hang out with his friends and the lucky lady of his choosing.

For the sophomore boys, the nominees were: Craig Bebow, Aaron Bowerman, and Kolin Lyon. The girls are Mikenna Borie, Kiersten Fransisco, and Gracelyn Shattuck. 

As for the next grade, the junior nominees for the boys were: Keegan Honig, Logan Koutz, Cade Pestrue, and Andrew Taipalus.  For the girls, it was Chloe Baxter, Jennifer Brown, and Delainee Zacharko.

For seniors, the boys were: Sam Bebow, Michael Hrabal, and Alex Wonsey.  For the girls, Kassidy Acker, Brooklyn Aikens, and Rylee Koutz.

The themes for this year are Spongebob for freshmen, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for sophomores, The Office for the juniors, and for the seniors they have Riverdale.

Thursday, Sept. 12,  there was an assembly for homecoming. All the students voted for who they wanted to win.  At the end of the day, they were rewarded with an announcement identifying the 2019-20 Homecoming winners.  They  are: Izabelle Hrabal and Thomas Zacharko for freshmen; Kolin Lyon and Gracelyn Shattuck for the sophomores; Cade Pesture and Delainee Zacharko for the juniors.