Track competes at Regional meet in Chesaning

Jay Puffpaff

The boys’ team had some great performances.

Keegan Honig, Editor

The St. Louis track and field competed at Chesaning High School for the regional meet Friday, May 17. The girls took fifth place out of 14 teams, and the boys took 10th out of 15 teams.

The girls’ team has several athletes that qualified for the state meet. First, the 4×800-meter relay team, consisting of Mikenna Borie, Libby Munderloh, Sela Delgado, and Mikaila Borie, took third with a time of 10:09.93 to qualify for state, and the 4×100-meter relay team of Reyna Rojas, Adry Munoz, Tara Goodell, and Chloe O’Boyle took fourth place with a time of 52.50 to qualify as well.

Next, Mikenna Borie qualified in both the 3200-meter run (11:31.58) in which she placed second and the 1600-meter run (5:22.61) in which she placed fourth. Libby Munderloh qualified for the state meet in the 800-meter run (2:25.30) taking third place, and Jazmin Milks qualified in shot put with a throw of 34’5, which earned her sixth place. The girls’ team has had an oustanding year, and they will continue that success at the state meet.

None of the boys qualified for state. However, the boys’ team had some great performances. Nate March ran his PR in the 1600 with a time of 4:42.12. He took fourth place, but he was just shy of the qualifying time. Alex Lawhorne also ran a PR in the 1600 with a time of 5:23.23. The guys’ 4×400-meter relay team of Cameron Mizer, Andrew Taipalus, Attah Dryden, and Ignatius Jackson was also just shy of qualifying. They took fourth place with a time of 3:39.69, but they were just a few seconds off.