Shark baseball results for May 10-14

Joe+Good

Avante Taylor

Joey Good plays a mean first base for the Sharks.

Avante Taylor, Staff Writer

May 10, Michigan Lutheran Seminary results

The St. Louis varsity baseball team dropped two games against the Cardinals of Michigan Lutheran Seminary . The first game was an embarrassing loss 11-3. Later on, the Sharks dropped game two, 14-5.

The first game, the Sharks struggled with executing fielding, especially in the outfield. The Sharks dropped multiple balls and didn’t make smart throws. One of the main issues the Sharks faced was not being focused.   

Sophomore, Luke Maxwell stated, “The first game we couldn’t really get our bats to hit the ball and the second game our pitching was borderline decent; all around a bad game for us.”

In the second game, the Sharks couldn’t field properly, giving up run after run to the Cardinals. Freshman Joey Good said, “It was really frustrating to be on defense, one bad throw led to another, and we just couldn’t execute properly.

May 14, Valley Lutheran results

The St. Louis varsity and junior varsity also dropped two games against Saginaw Valley Lutheran May 14, on the road. The first game the varsity suffered a deflating mercy 10-0. Later on, the JV team played hard, but lost 5-1 in the end.

Coach Jason Saunders stated, “ We played a really good team today. I’m happy with your attitude. Don’t let this game affect how you play any other game or the rest of your night. Go and enjoy yourselves; you played well.”

On the night, the Sharks were fielding sharply, snagging outs, and hitting the ball. The Chargers were just doing it to an outstanding level.