Phil Maxwell wins Youth Advisory Council award

Phil Maxwell receives his well-deserved award.

Lily Hindenlang, Staff Writer

There was the 26th annual YAC (Youth Advisory Council) showcase April 28, 2019, at Alma College to honor the ones who work hard to serve the local community and help create the youth to be well-developed adults in the future.

During this showcase, Phil Maxwell (Coach Maxwell) won a service award in recognition of service to the community and his dedication to inspiring youth to make a difference.

A Youth Advisory Council is a body of young people appointed by one or more governmental official institutions or organizations to advise on issues of public policy or administrative actions which are felt to directly affect young people.

The following students who are part of the Youth Advisory Council are, Madeline Greenup, Megan Greenup, and Danielle Weller.

According to Maxwell, “The recognition is hard to accept; I don’t really like the attention, but I am grateful that I am appreciated. I really don’t work hard to be recognized. I work hard to be an influence in the lives of others so that they can be recognized. I got this award because I was nominated by students, and then the students voted on the recipients of the award. I am honored to receive this award because it shows that the things I am doing are making a difference, and it motivates me to keep going even when things get tough.”

He added, “I was shocked to receive the award.  To be recognized with other people from different communities was such an encouragement to me.”