It’s been a maddening couple of weeks!

SLHS predictions for NCAA basketball tournament

Avante Taylor

Ethan Wilson picked the Zags to go all the way!

Avante Taylor, Staff Writer

Prior to spring break, several students and staff members picked their favorites to win the NCAA basketball championship in Minneapolis. One week later, we take a look to see whose bracket still stands a chance.

First, we asked Mr. Knauf, a former basketball coach for our school. He states, “Duke is going to win. They have three out of the top five players in the nation. I hope that isn’t the case though; hoping for an upset from Michigan State.” Well, Mr. Knauf got his wish as State pulled off the big upset Sunday afternoon.

Then we asked our most wonderful principal, Ms. McKittrick who her pick was, and she said, “Michigan is GOING TO WIN! They have a good history with the tourney, and if Zavier Simpson runs the floor like he is supposed to, then we have a great chance.” Except, Texas Tech. had other plans and completely blew the Wolverines up.

After having asked a U of M fan, we asked another MSU fan: Ms. Long. She stated, “I really want MSU, and they have a good chance, but it’s going to be between N.C. and Duke. Duke will probably win because they have powerhouse players such as Zion Williamson.” Nice to be wrong for a change Ms. Long! You might just get your wish as MSU is still very much alive.

After asking a handful of staff members, we asked Ethan Wilson who his pick was, and he stated, “Zaga is going to win because they have already beat Duke. What else is there to say?” One thing left to say Ethan… GO RED RAIDERS!

March Madness is almost over! It truly does feel like madness when Ohio State doesn’t make it a little bit further, but at least they made it to the tourney. The final four is set, and the championship teams will be determined Saturday as Michigan State plays Texas Tech, and Auburn plays Virginia.