Saint Louis Fine Arts Festival!!

Diamond Neph

SLHS choir practices in the auditorium

Sarah Humphrey, Staff Writer

The St. Louis High School and middle school band and choir groups will be hosting the Winter Fine Arts Festival Thursday, Dec. 20, from 5 to 7:30 in the high school cafetorium. Between the performances, a student art exhibit will be available to be viewed. This is an annual event for the schools.

The high school and middle school choirs will kick off the evening at 5 p.m. Afterward, there will be an intermission, lasting approximately 45 minutes. During this break, attendees can view the student art exhibit. Once the intermission is finished, the bands will perform. The concert will end at 7:30 p.m.

“I always like performing with everybody, and this year being my last year, I’m excited to perform the last few times,” says Tara Goodell. “This concert is a little different with basically two concerts on one night, and having the art showcase as well. I hope everyone performs their best for the concerts and I’m looking forward to it.”

During the Winter Fine Arts Festival, there will be handmade bags of candy available for purchase. These goodie bags will range from two to five dollars. They were crafted by the band and choir students; proceeds will be used to help the St. Louis music program.

According to the band and choir director Hannah Livingston, “I am really excited to be able to include the art program in our first Fine Arts Festival in St. Louis. I’m also very excited for Thursday night. Our middle school choir program has really taken off this year; we have almost 30 members in the middle school alone. I’m looking forward to showing off all of the fine arts in St. Louis in one night.”