Halloween costumes for 2018!

Courtesy photo

Audrey Johnson poses in her Halloween costume.

Holli Rivard, Staff Writer

Halloween is an exciting time when people can go all out and dress up however they want. Every year there seems to be a costume that is the most popular and seen multiple times. In 2016, the most popular costume, for females, was Harley Quinn. Harley Quinn was a main character in the movie, Suicide Squad, which came out in 2016. For males, a lot of people dressed up as the Joker from the movie as well.

The movie, It, came out in 2017. Many people wanted to dress up like the clown from the movie because it was new and scary. Another popular halloween costume of 2017 was the cast members of the Netflix original show, Stranger Things.

As for this year, 2018, the theme of Fornite is already trending. According to Marcus Long, “The characters in that game are pretty ridiculous and not that great anyways. If you decide to dress up like that, it really shows how creative you are since everyone else is doing it too.”

Avengers and the new movie, Venom have all caused the merchandise at Halloween stores to fly off the shelves for adults. Many college students dress up very similar year-to-year. Over the years, it has been a common theme that college girls dress up like a deer, mermaids, and devils. According to Taylor Marr, “I don’t really dress up anymore, but I feel like the popular costume this year is going to be Bob Ross. Kids are weird.”

Don’t forget to wear costumes to school Wednesday. Be creative, appropriate, and anything but Fortnite characters.