Shark Scene

• November 5Girls' XC 10th at state; Libby Munderloh and Mikenna Borie earn all-state honors!

SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

Brie+Kovach+donates+blood+at+the+SLHS+blood+drive.
Brie Kovach donates blood at the SLHS blood drive.

Brie Kovach donates blood at the SLHS blood drive.

Lily Hindenlang

Lily Hindenlang

Brie Kovach donates blood at the SLHS blood drive.

Lily Hindenlang, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

St. Louis High School hosted the annual blood drive Thursday, Oct. 25, in the high school gym. It was open to the public and ran by Mrs. Dubridge and the anatomy and physiology students. Graduates were seen coming back, along with many other students and adults, all of whom participated in the donation.

Mrs. Dubridge stated, “I think the best part about the blood drive is having the community work together to help people. I look forward to seeing the graduates come back and help give back to the community the way that they would hope people would give back to them when they were in my class.”

Brie Kovach added, “This year’s blood drive was my first time giving blood, and I really liked.  I felt really good about giving blood. At first, I thought it was going to hurt a lot more and that I would be really nervous, but I wasn’t and a lot of people were telling me that it hurts to have the needle in your arm, but it didn’t hurt for me.”

This year was the most successful year for the blood drive. There were 84 pints of blood at the end of the day to save more than 250 people! Some of the local businesses that donated recovery food and drinks were, Subway, McDonald’s, Tim Hortons, Blue Shamrock, Main Street, Little Caesers, Bakers Dozen, NCG Cinemas, Walmart, Pizza Hut, Mancino’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Piper’s, Carrie Beeson, and Silers Market. All in all, SLHS once again did an outstanding job working to save other lives.

8 Comments

8 Responses to “SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!”

1. Haylee on November 8th, 2018 10:07 am

This was a really good piece of writing.

2. Mackenzie Seevers on November 8th, 2018 10:16 am

Lily,

To start off I believe that this was a good article. Having this be the most successful blood drive for the school is terrific! It’s amazing to acknowledge how St.Louis came together to help save more than 250 peoples lives. That’s just an outstanding thing to spread. In all, I think this article was great.

3. Juan on November 8th, 2018 12:11 pm

good article

4. Ella Mader on November 8th, 2018 12:16 pm

I didn’t participate in the blood drive, but the one time I walked by the gym I noticed quite a lot of people. Good job at collecting all the blood!

5. Kayla Vine on November 8th, 2018 12:21 pm

I believe the quote by Brie Kovach has a run-on sentence. The quote says, “At first, I thought it was going to hurt a lot more and that I would be really nervous, but I wasn’t and a lot of people were telling me that it hurts to have the needle in your arm, but it didn’t hurt for me.” That one sentence could be turned into at least two sentences.

6. Dear, Lily Hindenlang on November 8th, 2018 12:23 pm

I think you messed up on the quote “This year’s blood drive was my first time giving blood, and I really liked. After liked you should’ve put “liked it.” It would’ve been nice if you would’ve gotten a quote from one of the adults that were there. Other than that this was a really nice article to read nice job!

Love, Brooke Erskin

7. Cody Hartman on November 8th, 2018 12:26 pm

The quote by Brie Kovach added, “This year’s blood drive was my first time giving blood, and I really liked ” could have been worded differently . I liked how they went out and got local food chains to help provide food. I also liked how the community helped out and how 250 came and gave blood.

8. Kolin Lyon on November 8th, 2018 2:48 pm

I like that you wrote about this article and my mom reads this website sometimes to see all the stuff that is happening at the high school.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

SLHS Students react to recent legalization of recreational marijuana.

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

Voting and St. Louis high school students

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

Navy Officer visits St. Louis P.E. class

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

Diamond Neph wins Best Script in MACTV competition

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

Apple pie fundraiser begins!!

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

Language Arts Club second competition!!

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

Halloween costumes for 2018!

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

SLHS sharks check out College 101!

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

National Honor Society conducts costume drive

• SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

News

SLHS Marching Band finishes second at Alma College competition

Navigate Right
The Student News Site of St. Louis High School
SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!