SLHS’ most successful blood drive ever!!

Lily Hindenlang

Brie Kovach donates blood at the SLHS blood drive.

Lily Hindenlang, Staff Writer

St. Louis High School hosted the annual blood drive Thursday, Oct. 25, in the high school gym. It was open to the public and ran by Mrs. Dubridge and the anatomy and physiology students. Graduates were seen coming back, along with many other students and adults, all of whom participated in the donation.

Mrs. Dubridge stated, “I think the best part about the blood drive is having the community work together to help people. I look forward to seeing the graduates come back and help give back to the community the way that they would hope people would give back to them when they were in my class.”

Brie Kovach added, “This year’s blood drive was my first time giving blood, and I really liked.  I felt really good about giving blood. At first, I thought it was going to hurt a lot more and that I would be really nervous, but I wasn’t and a lot of people were telling me that it hurts to have the needle in your arm, but it didn’t hurt for me.”

This year was the most successful year for the blood drive. There were 84 pints of blood at the end of the day to save more than 250 people! Some of the local businesses that donated recovery food and drinks were, Subway, McDonald’s, Tim Hortons, Blue Shamrock, Main Street, Little Caesers, Bakers Dozen, NCG Cinemas, Walmart, Pizza Hut, Mancino’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Piper’s, Carrie Beeson, and Silers Market. All in all, SLHS once again did an outstanding job working to save other lives.