St. Louis High School Puts On Annual Moving On Up Assembly

Lexie Thayer

The senior class celebrates the end of their high school careers together

Natalie Lemert, Staff Writer

Members of Saint Louis High School celebrated the seniors’ last day with the traditional moving on up assembly Friday, May 19, outside on Wheeler Field. 

This assembly has been a tradition at SLHS now for many years. During the assembly students participate in games, seniors give speeches, and teachers offer words of advice to the graduating class. This year senior speeches were given by Jenna Abell, Payton Kuhn, Dylan Luft, Grant Bebow, Tyson Head, and Cole Lombard. Mr. Kuhn and Mrs. Biehl gave advice to seniors. 

Student council planned a lot of exciting games that were played. Students participated in an obstacle course, trivia tic-tac-toe, balloon toss, human pinata, and bucket ball. There were also teacher mock elections. Students voted on teachers they thought fit the category best. 

Once the senior class departed, everyone moved up in the bleachers. The class of 2024 filled in the senior section, the class of 2025 became juniors, the class of 2026 became sophomores, and the class of 2027 became freshmen. The moving on up in the bleachers is a time-honored tradition at SLHS. 

Olivia Good shared, “My favorite part of the assembly was moving seats. Now we’re officially seniors. I’m not too upset that the seniors are gone.”

Ben March expressed, “The best part of the assembly for me was dominating the girls in trivia tic-tac-toe. The seniors leaving wasn’t too sad.”

Curtis Bradshaw said, “I’m not too upset the seniors are gone. I’m getting flashbacks to when the seniors left last year, and that’s what makes me sad.”

The assembly was a good way to send off the seniors and to make one last memory with them. Everyone enjoyed the games and found the advice helpful. The class of 2023 will be greatly missed at SLHS but the class of 2023 is ready to take on the role of school leaders.