St. Louis Tireless Effort award goes to Seńorita Kisser!

Courtesy photo

Ms. Kisser poses with a llama from one of her many amazing stops in Ecuador.

Bee Elsea, Staff Writer

St. Louis High School Spanish Teacher Ms. Kisser was awarded with the tireless effort award for the month of March! 

Every month a staff member of St. Louis High School receives a “Tireless Effort Award” for the most hard-working staff member in SLHS for that month. The award honors contributions a teacher has made to the success of SLHS students.

What did this amazing teacher do this month? Kisser earned her award due to the hard work she put in for the amazing Spanish trip she organized to Ecuador! She started working on it in October of 2021. Kisser put her hardest work into that trip, and will do just as well if not better on the Costa Rica trip in 2025!

“There is no better recipient than Senorita Kisser because the amount of time she put into the Spanish trip should definitely not go unnoticed,” Mr. Kuhn said. Plenty of other teachers agree with Kuhn that Kisser deserves that award, and her work she put into it did not go unseen by her coworkers.

“I never expect to get the Tireless Effort Award; I’m just doing my job. And, while the recognition is nice, I would put as much hard work and dedication into teaching and leading the Spanish Club with or without receiving the award. I do really appreciate the award. It’s an added bonus to know that students are aware of what we all put into our jobs day in and day out,” Ms. Kisser said.

Needless to say, students and staff members alike agree that Kisser deserved this award, and found no fault in the system. Spanish III and IV will forever be thankful for the amazing spring break they had, and also feel that Kisser fully deserved the award for the month of March.