Shark Scene

• November 5Girls' XC 10th at state; Libby Munderloh and Mikenna Borie earn all-state honors!

Cross Country achieves greatness once again

The Sharks dominated at the TVC Overall Championships

The top five girls from St. Louis pose with their well-deserved medals. From left to right: Libby Munderloh, Sela Delgado, Brook Filipiak, Mikenna Borie, and Mikaila Borie.

Jay Puffpaff

Jay Puffpaff

Keegan Honig, Editor

St. Louis Cross Country dominated yet again Tuesday, Oct.16, at the Tri-Valley Conference (TVC) Overall Championships held in Freeland. The TVC Overall Championships combines TVC West, TVC East, and TVC Central. Reyna Rojas shared, “First of all, there was a mansion at the cross meet. Second of all, I think everyone did their best yesterday with the wind and the hill that we had to run up, not once, but twice. Team-wise, the girls did well, as usual, and the boys did well. We may not all have had the times or PR’s that we wanted, but team-wise, we did well.”

St. Louis won it’s TVC but had much tougher competition this time around because of the other divisions. The girls’ team, however, performed fantastic, finishing in second place out of the 16 teams, and were only ten points behind the winning team from Shepherd. The girls had a team score of 70, with the top five runners all in the top 25 places, and each of those five received medals. Coming in first for the Sharks was Libby Munderloh (18:59.80), who came in second place overall. Next up was Mikenna Borie (19:44.95) in fifth place, Brooklyn Filipiak (21:01.45) in 14th place, Sela Delgado (21:22.83) in 19th place, Mikaila Borie (21:37.68) in 25th place, Zoe Dickman (22:25.60) in 41st place, and, rounding out the girls’ varsity team, Reyna Rojas (25:04.15) in 77th place.

The boys also did very well, coming in fifth place out of the 12 teams. Top runners for the Sharks, and all getting medals, were Aaron Bowerman (17:58.42) in 13th place, Joe Erickson (18:16.17) in 22nd place, and Nate March (18:19.63) in 25th place. Next up, and just a few spots away from earning medals themselves, were Austin Aldrich (18:51.13) and Attah Dryden (18:51.73) in 33rd and 34th place respectively. Alex Davis (19:36.00) finished in 50th place, and then Craig Bebow (20:04.94) finished in 60th place. Both Varsity teams performed very well against the other TVC competition.

The JV girls took 7th place out of 11 teams, with Gracie Shattuck (24:51.91) leading the team in 82nd place. Next up was Carly Daniels (26:31.24) in 118th place, and Mackenzie Allbee (26:32.70) in 119th place. The JV boys took 3rd out of eight teams, with Walker Aldrich (20:59.28) leading the Sharks in 14th place. Next up was Will Erickson (21:19.25) in 19th place, and then Robert Long-Terwilliger (21:44.86) and Alex Lawhorne (21:49.86) in 25th and 26th place respectively.

Joe Nash stated, “It was much colder than most meets, but that’s what made it better, and it’s a great way to slow down the cross season.” Seven St. Louis runners ran their personal best times for 5,000 meters this meet, with Walker Aldrich breaking 21:00 by running 20:59.28. Great job Sharks!

St. Louis has only one more meet until regionals, and that’s the Alma Scottie Classic. The Alma Scottie Classic will be held Friday, Oct. 19. This meet will be the last opportunity for runners not going to the regional meet.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Cross Country achieves greatness once again”

1. Aidan Fisher on October 19th, 2018 11:20 am

I enjoyed your article. The article was very entertaining and details. I’m glad that our school can have news that updates everyone on where our sports teams are at in the season and how well they are doing.

2. Allison on October 19th, 2018 2:31 pm

Good article. Keep up the good work!

3. Adry M. on October 19th, 2018 2:31 pm

Dear Keegan Honig,
    Overall, I don’t see any problems with this article. I am not a professional, but it seems you put all of the information needed about the event.

Sincerely,
    Adry Munoz

4. Ellie Gager on October 19th, 2018 2:31 pm

Great article! Keep up the good work!

5. Adry on November 8th, 2018 2:42 pm

Nice job. I think you put all the information needed about this event.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Cross Country achieves greatness once again

Sports

Winter sports 2018-19 kickoff!

Sports

St. Louis volleyball ends terrific season as district runners-up

Sports

St. Louis cross country season ends with a bang

Sports

Girls’ Cross Country crushes regional competition to qualify for state

Sports

Volleyball defeats Pinconning to become TVC West Champions

Sports

SLHS golf goes to state!

Sports

SLHS girls golf goes to regionals.

Sports

JV Football ends outstanding season

Sports

The Sharks crush the Alma Scottie Classic

Sports

Volleyball wins league title; First in five years

The Student News Site of St. Louis High School