Beware of what you say in the halls of SLHS, there just might be someone or something that is listening

Grant+Bebow+and+Evelynn+Gutierrez+stand+still+in+shock+as+they+hear+the+latest+tea+of+SLHS+from+the+bright%2C+not+so+jolly%2C+red+locker.+

Autumn Mann

Grant Bebow and Evelynn Gutierrez stand still in shock as they hear the latest tea of SLHS from the bright, not so jolly, red locker.

Autumn Mann, Editor

One thing at St. Louis High School that has not changed in a long time is the lockers. Now, imagine being a locker. You’d see, hear, and know everything that happens in school. Not only that, but you would know the drama that happened years ago that others may not know. 

To a locker, students’ and staff’s daily lives may seem like over-dramatic soap operas that appear on TV! Between the arguments and potential love interests, the lockers know it all. So what would happen if they could tell us how they really feel?

Would they tell us to get our acts together? Or would they tell us to organize and take care of the lockers? If they could speak, would they be spilling all the tea that appears within the halls? Would they be able to help us find things that may be in the lockers? They may not have very nice things to say to the ones who slam them or treat them with disrespect. As high school goes, on things happen, people stress, fight, and gossip. The lockers know it all. Would they expose us for our messy lockers or our messy lives?

Grant Bebow, a student at SLHS expressed, “If the lockers started talking, I’d most definitely cry! I feel like they would talk about all the crazy things that have happened this year.”

Braden Ball, a senior at SLHS said, “If the lockers started talking, I would probably cry because I thought I was losing my mind. I feel like they would probably start exposing the secrets about everything they see go down in the hallways.”

Another student, Mikayla Haag also expressed, “I bet if the lockers were to come alive and speak, they would all talk a lot of crap. They would all know so much about what goes on within the halls between and during classes.” 

If you were a locker, how would you feel if you were slammed shut or kicked around? You’d probably want revenge and if that means exposing students, then by all means you probably would expose people and their dirty laundry. As a locker, they have to deal with the everyday use of being filled and stuffed along with mistreated. No one could blame a locker for spilling SLHS secrets. 

Or would the lockers surprise everyone and decide not to say anything at all? I guess no one will ever know. So maybe next time you are telling your friends all the new tea and drama beware of who might be listening, and always treat things and people with kindness.