SLHS students prepare for upcoming talent show

Two+SLHS+students+prepare+for+the+upcoming+talent+show+during+lunch.+

Autumn Mann

Two SLHS students prepare for the upcoming talent show during lunch.

Autumn Mann, Staff Writer

Many students were happy to hear that St. Louis High School will be having a talent show this year!

As people know just like everything else, the talent show will be different from the previous years. The talent show will take place during A and B lunch toward the end of the year. This talent show has not been set on a specific date. Principal Eric Huff has decided to make the dates flexible due to COVID-19 quarantines affecting performances. 

Performers will be given the opportunity to showcase their talents to Principal Huff. Think of the talent show as if a performer was to do a street performance or a performance in a coffeehouse. This showcase will not be a competition and won’t be judged. Principal Huff and some possible recruits will watch the performances and provide some productive feedback. Students who may be interested can either email Principle Huff or talk to him directly. 

Mckenize Reid, who is looking forward to being a part of the showcase, stated, “I’m very excited for this year’s talent show. In the past, I have performed in the middle school talent show where I took first place by singing Let It Be by the Bealtes and played the piano.” She is excited to perform even though this year will be different from the past years. Reid has yet to decide what she will be performing. Whatever it will be, she will try her absolute best. Reid also stated, “I’m kind of upset at the fact that the talent show will be held during lunch unlike past years. But I understand that is to keep everyone safe.” 

Dylan Luft is interested in participating in the talent show. Luft stated, “I look forward to participating in this year’s talent show. However,  I am uncertain what I will be doing.”