SLHS students participate in frog dissection

Alianna Elliott-Carrillo

St. Louis students participated in frog dissections.

Alianna Elliott-Carrillo, Staff Writer

Mrs. Dubridge’s Biology students started dissecting frogs Thursday, March 25, 2021. Even though school was cancelled Friday, March 26, everyone continued the lesson when school resumed from spring break. 

According to Landon Gall, a sophomore, he thinks it was a very cool idea. He says, “It would have been better if we had school on Friday because the frogs were dry, when we came back. The frogs were really big and slimy when we first got them.” In his opinion, it was a great experience for everyone. He ends with, “It was funny watching people be grossed out over the whole experiment.”

According to Tristan Miller, another sophomore who attended the experiment, he believes  it was disgusting, but interesting. He says, “The smell was not very pleasant and kind of made me sick to my stomach.” He agrees that everyone looked like they were having a good time given the circumstances. “When we got back from spring break the frogs were dried up and skinnier than they were in the beginning. It also made it really hard to find the different organs.” 

Students have very different opinions when it comes to dissecting animals, but it’s clear to say that everyone would rather dissect animals than do book work.