SLHS reacts to 2020 presidential election

Jaszmin Harbor, Staff Writer

Out with the old and in with the new. The United States has recently elected a new president, Joe Biden,barring some crazy vote reversals.

According to The New York Times, “Joseph R. Biden Jr. was elected the 46th president of the United States, Saturday. Mr. Biden defeated President Trump after winning Pennsylvania, which put his total of Electoral College votes above the 270 he needed to clinch the presidency.”

Many students at SLHS were counting on Trump to continue the presidency. John Mitchelle stated, “I really want Donald Trump to contine being the president. I don’t like Biden that much because he is very unprofessional. I am kinda mad that Trump lost because he had so many great plans for the future. I am happy that he is going to remain president untill January.”

Though Trump lost, some are actually excited for Biden to take over the White House. Ka’Trina Harbor claimed, “I am really excited for our new president! I am really excited for the changes that he has planned for. “

Even though Biden won, Trump is still fighting to win over America. According to BBC News, “Vote counting is still going on in crucial battleground states that will decide the election.

Projected wins in the Rust Belt states of Michigan and Wisconsin have inched Mr Biden closer to victory. As results trickle in, Mr Trump has challenged vote counts in key states. The president has made unfounded assertions of victory and allegations of voter fraud, accusing Democrats of trying to “steal” the election. Mr Biden stopped short of declaring victory, but said he was confident he was on course to beat his Republican rival.”