Taipalus currently leads Gratiot County in points scored

allison+Taipalus

Courtesy photo

Allison Taipalus poses for a senior picture.

Sarah Humphrey, Staff Writer

St. Louis High School senior Allison Taipalus is an extremely talented athlete in all sports that she plays. However, she particularly shines in basketball. According to the Morning Sun, Taipalus is the top scorer in basketball in all of Gratiot County.

According to Taipalus, “Basketball season is my absolute favorite season of the year. Knowing that it’s my last year playing this game for St. Louis is very sad to think about, but I also use it as motivation to give it my all on the court. With this being said, I have great teammates that add to my motivation and we all work great together to overcome obstacles and win together as a team.”

Taipalus often leads her teammates in points made during games, and if not, she’s close behind. In the Varsity Sharks’ latest matchup against St. Charles, she contributed 20 points and 15 rebounds. In their recent game against Shepherd, Taipalus scored 18 points. She also led the Sharks in last month’s Ithaca battle with eight points. Taipalus has been absolutely dominating the court and really working hard with her teammates.

“I feel honored to be Gratiot County’s top scorer, as basketball has been my favorite sport since fourth grade. I feel that my hard work is paying off and that my love for the game is still growing. I’m glad that I have the opportunity to represent my school and Gratiot County through the sport I love most,” Taipalus commented.