Shark Scene

• December 12Wrestlers take 2nd at Swan Valley; record now 6-1

• November 5Girls' XC 10th at state; Libby Munderloh and Mikenna Borie earn all-state honors!

Black Friday shopping experiences

Someone+buys+a+%22new%22+IPhone+for+%242+dollars.
Back to Article
Back to Article

Black Friday shopping experiences

Someone buys a

Someone buys a "new" IPhone for $2 dollars.

Sarah Humphrey

Someone buys a "new" IPhone for $2 dollars.

Sarah Humphrey

Sarah Humphrey

Someone buys a "new" IPhone for $2 dollars.

Sarah Humphrey, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

St. Louis High School students went Black Friday shopping Thursday, Nov. 22, and Friday, Nov. 23, at various stores in Michigan. Black Friday shopping is an event where stores dramatically lower their prices. Many deals require lining up to receive the items since there is a limited number. This “holiday” used to begin at midnight the Friday after Thanksgiving, but a lot of stores have their sales start Thursday evening. In addition, stores like Meijer have deals lasting all Thanksgiving week to lessen the chaos that Black Friday brings.

“I went to Birch Run outlets, and the lines were kind of long, but it wasn’t much different than normal shopping. The deals were worth waiting in line for, so it wasn’t too bad to shop,” Olivia Anderson commented.

Black Friday is a great way to buy Christmas gifts a little early and save money while doing so. A popular category for such items is typically electronic. According to the article “Most Popular Black Friday Products,” by Courtney Jespersen, the most sought-after products on Black Friday are things like televisions, laptops, Apple products, and game consoles. These gifts are typically at the lowest prices they’ll ever be, and since they’re often so expensive, it’s no wonder that people are so eager to snag them. Other products that are picked up a lot during Black Friday include kitchen appliances and vacuums.

According to Juliana Findley, “It was my first time Black Friday shopping and it honestly wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I went to Walmart and Meijer. I was getting my boyfriend one of his Christmas gifts.”

8 Comments

8 Responses to “Black Friday shopping experiences”

1. Jorden Cedotal on December 3rd, 2018 10:19 am

Loved the article but could have had a few more quotes just saying. Also the black Friday deals were good.

2. Reece Giles on December 3rd, 2018 12:32 pm

I think this was a good article and that it kinda explains what happens during the black Friday so that people who have never done can get the gist of it

3. jakob benbow on December 3rd, 2018 12:38 pm

This article make me want to try out black Friday shopping.

4. Ella Mader on December 3rd, 2018 12:41 pm

I have never went black Friday shopping, but I don’t think I want to. I mean, of course Meijer and Walmart aren’t going to be that bad because its a small town, but just think of all those things that could happen. You could die! It probably won’t get that bad, but hey, who knows. Your article was nice and I did like how you added someone who has never been black Friday shopping before.

5. Owen on December 3rd, 2018 1:31 pm

I went black Friday shopping and got me a sick T-shirt

6. Julia Hawley on December 3rd, 2018 1:40 pm

Dear Sarah Humphrey,
    I really enjoyed your artical that you typed. I understand about black Friday shopping, and how nuts it can get. One time I was black Friday shopping with my mom, lets just say I got lost. It was so bad, she had to have a person how worked at the store call my name over the intercom, my mom was so mad.

Thank you for the artical.
    Your friend,Julia Hawley.

7. Demetrius Alspaugh on December 3rd, 2018 2:27 pm

Good article. I like that you even included other articles and put in some quotes (as always).
    Perhaps, you could say what people actually got, or even what they could get. Like deals on socks or something? At least, there was a deal in the picture though.

8. Alex Baxter on December 3rd, 2018 2:28 pm

Though there were alot of sales o Friday my family did not make any huge purchases.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • Black Friday shopping experiences

News

SLHS choir sings at Christmas parade

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Model United Nations first conference!

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

SLHS adopt-a-family Christmas 2018!

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Whitetail deer season is upon us!

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

SLHS Students react to recent legalization of recreational marijuana.

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Voting and St. Louis high school students

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Navy Officer visits St. Louis P.E. class

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Diamond Neph wins Best Script in MACTV competition

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Apple pie fundraiser begins!!

• Black Friday shopping experiences

News

Language Arts Club second competition!!

Navigate Right