It’s never too late to get involved!

SLHS seniors try a new sport

Allyssa+Roberson

Bobbie Marr

Allyssa Roberson performs her first pom routine Sept. 28, at homecoming.

Holli Rivard, Staff Writer

High school should be about taking chances and getting involved. Too often people get stressed out about graduation, college, and post high school plans. Senior year, for some, is usually the last year before people go off into the real world on their own. Make the most of it and do things that you never thought you would. Try a sport you’ve never played or join a club that has interested you, but you’ve been too scared to join. For seniors Megan Greenup, Rylyn Hrabal, and Allyssa Roberson, they did exactly this!

The three female athletes decided to try out for poms their senior year, and they made the team!

Greenup, who has devoted her life to volleyball, says, “I tried out for poms because I wanted to do something new and fun for my senior year. I love doing poms so far. It has been such a great experience, and it’s so different from what I normally do. Honestly, if you would have asked me freshmen year to do poms, I would have laughed. Now looking back on it, I wish I would’ve started sooner.”

After people graduate, there’s no going back. School sports are only offered, obviously, in high school, and once graduated, there’s never another opportunity to go back and join the teams. Get involved early on. Time is limited, and the same opportunities are not always there. Try new things freshmen year to see if you like them. If not, try something new. It’s never too late.